How to choose right clothes for your baby
How to fill up your newborn’s wardrobe?
Are you expecting your bundle of joy? Or, are you holding your newborn in your arms as you read this? No matter what, this blog is going to help you a lot and can even turn out to be a life-saver, especially if you are a first-time mom. Choosing the right newborn baby clothes is extremely important and can even be a little intimidating. Remember that for an infant, safety and comfort come before style and grace. Now, your baby’s skin is in its most tender stage, and its body is still fragile. A good deal of research is mandatory before starting your newborn garment shopping. Finding out that the endless shopping you did for your dear angel has ended up being in vain will be devastating. Let’s look at some crucial aspects of choosing the right newborn baby dress.
Make your baby feel at home
Making your baby feel comfortable is the first and most important thing to remember when buying baby products.
- Keep in mind that your little angel’s skin is still forming and can develop rashes quickly. It’s advisable to double-check every clothing you purchase to eliminate hassles.
- Use only garments and accessories made of pure cotton for your baby.
- Ensure that the baby cloth materials are free from fancy beads and embroideries that may cause skin irritation.
- It’s quite advisable to cloth your baby in white or light colors that show stains easily. This would help you to steer clear of germs and bacteria to a considerable extent.
Make your precious one feel safe
Now, without much research, you would know that safety is a crucial thing for your newborn. It’s essential to make sure that everything that touches your child is safe and hygienic.
- Make sure that you don’t use any clothes with small or loose buttons that can come off easily to prevent your baby from nibbling on it.
- Some velcros may have rough and pricky edges that may hurt your newborn’s skin.
- Avoid using baby dresses that have coarse textures or prints to protect your child’s skin.
- Do not use garments that have cords or drawstrings that are long enough for the baby to grab.
- Remember that a newborn will start showing changes quickly. It will not be easy to predict what a toddler might do with the things that he/she can take hold of. So, it’s best to avoid clothes with parts that can cause strangling or choking.
Don’t buy too many newborn baby clothes of the same size
Quite many parents-to-be make the mistake of doing all their baby shopping from the store’s newborn clothing shelf. Babies tend to grow out of their swaddling clothes and tiny dresses too soon.
It’s advisable to spend some of your money on a tad bigger sizes when you shop for your newborn – consider it as an early toddler shopping, but it will be worth the money and effort.
Know what the weather is like around there
The weather and the part of the globe where you live can affect how your baby feels.
- It’s essential to find out what the temperature will be like in the first few months of your baby’s life before purchasing clothes.
- If your due date happens to be well into the winter months, it’s mandatory to buy clothes that keep your baby warm like a snowsuit.
- Ensure that you have enough swaddling-quilts to keep your dearie warm.
- At the same time, don’t wrap your child with too many layers, as this can cause overheating. Simply feeling the nape of your baby’s neck would let you know if he’s too cold or too hot.
- Purchase clothes made of adequately breathable material if you’re living in a warmer part of the globe or if your baby is due in the summer months.
Buy easy-to-wear clothes
This is something that can save a lot of your time and effort once you start taking care of your newborn baby. Remember that you’re going to be quite busy with your baby from the moment you become a new mom.
- Buying baby clothes that are easy to wear and easy to remove will save you a whole lot of trouble.
- As newborns are still fragile and have tender bones, it’s much better not to wear her out too much.
- Furthermore, you would have to change your baby’s clothes many a time while he/she is asleep. Easy-to-use newborn baby dresses may come in handy, both for you and your baby.
Buy clothes that are easy to wash and quick to dry
Newborn babies require more clothes than older children. And don’t skip the fact that there would be a lot of washing to be done.
- Some fabrics need a longer time to dry. Ensure that you buy baby clothes made of fabrics that are soft and quick to dry.
- Also, make sure that the outfits you purchase are made of good material that doesn’t spoil with repeated washing.
In addition to all of these, you would need to have a stock of outfits, including dresses, blankets, socks, and gloves, to prepare for an unexpected weather condition if it may at all arise. Don’t hesitate to seek help to purchase newborn clothes if you are a first-time mom. Buying the right dresses for your child makes your mom-life a whole lot easier. Happykid uses the finest and gentlest fabrics to make comfy clothes for newborns and toddlers. Our line of baby dresses is woven, keeping in mind that newborns are soft and tender. We love babies and thus cannot tolerate anything lesser than the best for them. Happykid spends quite a lot of time researching the fabrics that we use and is, therefore, able to promise the most delicate clothing experience for your beloved.